Please note that by entering the 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive you agree to the Terms and Conditions as laid out below.
You may receive occasional mail from us about your entry into the event. You will receive an email with final details and your ride number in early May 2015.
Terms of entry into the 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive.
It is a condition of entry into any of the 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive events that,
- By entering the event you acknowledge it is a test of your physical stamina and your capacity to complete the route you have chosen to ride. You must consider yourself fit to participate and complete the event. If you have any doubts about your health or have any known medical conditions you should consult and obtain a doctors approval before entering and participating in a 3 Pistes Sportive event. 3 piste Sportive events are designed and intended to be physically challenging and a level of good basic fitness will be required by entrants in order to complete even the shortest route.
- You acknowledge that participation in a 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive event is at your own risk and that the organisers cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of your participation. You will observe the highway code and the direction of appointed event marshals and officials at all times while participating in a 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive event.
- Any riders under the age of eighteen must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst the entrant under 18 is participating in the route. No entrants under the age of 16 will be allowed.
- An approved cycle helmet, conforming to CE standards EN1078, is worn at all times whilst riding during a Sportive Kinross event. As encouraged under British Cycling Guidelines for Non-competitive Events.
- You will be supplied with two numbers which should be clearly displayed on your bike and person.
- All participants will be covered by British Cycling third party insurance for the duration of the event, the cost of which is included in the entry fee.
- Riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own bicycle. The use of triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions are not permitted in our events for safety reasons.
- All riders are recommended to carry drink bottles, snack food, basic tools, at least one replacement inner tube and suitable wet weather clothing. We also advise that riders carry ID and a small amount of money. A mobile phone is also worth carrying in the event of an emergency, although various locations on the routes might have poor signal reception.
- Riders will be set off in groups as required by Police guidance supplied to 3 Pistes Cycle Sportive.
- You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate, to be aware of your fellow cyclists and most importantly other road users. The event is being held on a public highway where the rights of and responsibilities to other road users apply.
- Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are forbidden. You may, however, receive support from a stationary vehicle which is legally parked and does not impede riders or other traffic.
- Detailed route information and maps will be available on line. The route will be well signed by the organisers, however navigation during the event will be your own responsibility.
- There will be signage at most junctions and marshalls at major junctions to assist with directions. However the organisers offer no warranty that these signs will not be obstructed, removed, vandalized or interfered with in anyway. Therefore the organiser strongly recommends participants carry the route instructions that will available for the event.
- Food and drink will be provided at the designated feeding stations, but we cannot guarantee supplies, and please be mindful of those following behind.
- On completion of the event, you must check in at the finish HQ at CairnGorm Mountain.
- All riders must complete their course by 5:00pm to avail themselves of the full amenities at CairnGorm Mountain .
- The event will take place regardless of weather conditions and only be cancelled or the routes modified if in the opinion of the police or the event organisers an entrants reasonable safety is at risk. If the event is cancelled there will no refunds of entry fees.